Reclamação sobre créditos em arquivos do iDempiere

if they want credit… they must do the code, not copy or take credit from someone… Same on you LBR admins

se informations below

sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d … tid=996642 - Original Tracker Submitted:
Mario Grigioni ( mgrigioni ) - 2008-02-20 08:46:13 PST

SVN Commit:
adempierelbr.svn.sourceforge.net … vision=193 (
Author:
mgrigioni
Date:
Wed Feb 20 17:37:44 2008 UTC (3 years, 11 months ago))

Improment done by Alvaro Oliveria
adempierelbr.svn.sourceforge.net … vision=199 (
Author:
amontenegro
Date:
Mon Feb 25 13:20:09 2008 UTC (3 years, 11 months ago))

Mario, I think I need to answer this and ask you to stick to the facts… AFAIK I’ve developed the code for the MAP funcionality, and let that clear by the time we posted the code, the ROUTE code went as an addition… But, IF you think about it, ROUTE is just a little IMPROVEMENT over MAP, and at that time, I was going to do it and somebody from KENOS went and did that before, so the code belongs to KENOS, after all, they’ve paid your wage… So, stop that flame…

Regards,

Fernando

com relação a função mapas você está correto Fernando, foi você que criou e não estou questionando sobre isso… O que estou questionando é o fato de uma função que você criou e que eu adicionei uma nova função (um novo botão) estar sendo creditada a duas pessoas que nem estavam no projeto na época… isso que eu quero que fique claro… não quero entrar no mérito se foi feito por funcionário ou ex-funcionário ou quem pagou o quê… só não acho justo não citar os verdadeiros desenvolvedores.

Ola Mario, Ola Fer_Luck,
I mentioned in my presentation in Sao Paulo to honour and state clearly who are the contributors, and to mention their credit where due.
I checked the SVN diffs and noted that there are multiple commits from different authors including Mario. But If Mario was said to be under KENOS employ, then i propose this line in the code: @authors - Fernando Lucktemberg (FAIRE), Mario Grigioni (KENOS) and Alvaro Oliveria (?).

Is that acceptable?
I will then prompt Carlos Ruiz or someone can tell us the community best practice on this matter.

red1

hi Red1, for me is OK to change as you said

Hi Red1,

This work was done by Kenos, not by a single person, so please hold your actions until we decide the better way to solve this issue.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz wrote back to me on this and he asked me to paste here as he is not able to cover this forum and so will not register here.

Ricardo,

OK. We await KENOS conclusion.

Perhaps (just thinking out loud), to keep the discussion objective and not about personality (i personally like to meet Mario but i am sorry we didn’t get the chance to meet last week. Perhaps in two months when i am going to Ecuador again and Uruguay.)

We in iDempiere are trying out the Linus circle. Thus you can always put only one set of clone or trunk committers - Ricardo/Fer_luck (LBR) trusted by the community and have a website listing all revisions and its contributors around that circle of trust. Then this will not be messy and we do not need to comb every line which is not economical.

Then anyone else can have their own respective clones and choose what to commit or take to himself. When making official LBR release it is up to the community to say, “I like to take from Carlos or Hengsin or Ricardo or Fernando or Mario”.

By the way, in LBR at the moment, i got to trust two such persons and i already met them, saw their snips and assured of their open spirit.

red1

Mario, o código em questão foi editado pelo Red1 durante sua apresentação antes de fazer o upload para o JIRA. Nem eu, nem o Fernando colocamos as informações sobre autores, quando o Red1 perguntou se a Faire havia feito tudo, e o Fernando disse que não, ele provavelmente assumiu que fui eu e colocou o meu nome. Note que esta não é a forma que nós trabalhamos e isso fica evidente quanto olhamos para a frase: BRAZIL vs GERMANY - 2-0. Nós não temos intenção em nos envolver com as brigas políticas do projeto.

[code] * @author Fernando Lucktemberg (Faire, www.faire.com.br)

•  <li> seeded the Map button

• @author Mario Grigioni (Kenos, www.kenos.com.br)
  •  <li> expanded to add Route button

• @author Alvaro Montenegro (Kenos, www.kenos.com.br)
  •  <li> BF: Check URL before open the Browser[/code]

Red1, I was explaining to Mario that this contribution was done during your presentation, and you probably included my name in the contributor tag as a mistake. Could you please change the header of the class to the text above? And also remove the author tag of the method getGoogleMapsLocation(MLocation) and the text: BRAZIL vs GERMAN?

Regards,

Thanks Red1 for your time and help on this issue. I would like to meet you in person, i’m sure we’ll have the chance.

obrigado pela correção dos créditos Ricardo

Ricardo:

Sorry for my mistake. Will post Carlos what you have resolved here.
The Brazil vs Germany was a touch of humor, as i was coaching that you might want to make boring mundane tasks more fun. And we get a taste of it here! Phew. I will be heading to Paris tomorrow and possibly to Germany in the cold of winter to settle the bigger issue. :slight_smile:

For you, your issue here is so quickly resolved. Amazing. My kudos to you and Mario. Looking forward to more contributions. I have begun telling many here that I see Brazil to be the leading player beyond Latin America.

Kind regards.
red1

Hi Red1, you asked me to make my statement public, so here it is

http://red1.org/adempiere/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1519&p=7383&hilit=Vote+on+Asking+SourceForge+to+Revert+Admin+Rights#p7383

I saw your post, and as i can see, the current lbr admins told the story about the project ? Only their version, right ? Did they said, that i told the whole community that i removed the admin rights and asked them to make a vote to elect new admins ? Proposed to grant right to a neutral person ?

Anything about “move the repo” without any vote ? Just one day removed all developers permissions and migrate the code without any official state ?

Anything about the “closed” project they have ? No returns to community ? 16 months without any code return ? weird, hum ?

They asked sourceforge to remove my admin rights, but do they reverted all my work that “broke” the trunk, as they say ? No, they use that code, at least 90% of brazilian community uses that code.

This project has a serious, “conflict of interests”, they have “closed” contributions, and they don’t want community to develop this same functions on community version, because they will “lose” their “nice product”…

This is only .02 cent of my opinion about this project, what do they really return to community?

The Brazilian meeting was a great contribution that Kenos did to Adempiere Brazil, but, yes there’s always a “but”… real administrators should administrate the project, take care of the project, show their work, contribute their work, and for the last 3 years, they didn’t do that on LBR.

Now i’m the bad person, because i tried to do that, maybe not 100% right, but tried. Here we go again…

Hi all, Ola Mario, thank your for presenting some background and i believe you are as interested as I am to be part of the solution and not part of a problem. Also i am a guest here, and i can only help as long as i am invited and welcome.

As i said i could not get to meet you and thus the benefit of full body language communication was robbed from us. I like to form a correct perception of you and the issues you are raising. So thus pending a full meeting with you, you can regard my following remarks as possibly flawed or personally biased.

1. I have met KENOS team i.e. Hilario and Ricardo, and FAIRE’s 2 Fernandos and the LBR attendees at large. I do not detect the characteristics you mentioned above. They really contributed and are very open about giving it away. The only issue i found is the usual cultural barrier - some are shy, timid and need coaching on how to really contribute to the main project.

2. The recent issue you raised about credit seemed to be resolved with your expressed agreement at full speed. Usually bad people do not solve things that quickly and amicably. (I mean to say that you are not bad also! :slight_smile: ). I was telling myself, “Oh no, not again!” but to my surprise it was quickly solved. The main ADempiere project has alot to learn from you all! :slight_smile:

3. Next, yes, i heard the one-sided story from them and i welcome you giving your side of the story. So now i have to ask some tough questions to get tough answers. My tough question will be “If this story is one-sided, how come SourceForge.net reverted against you?” It will be hard to accept that SourceForge.net would make such a simple but serious mistake of reverting admins without substantiation.
    3.2 Why didn’t you attend the publicized conference knowing that i will be there and possibly a 3rd party, more neutral arbitrator?

4. Let’s say that the status quo is unchanged. What are your plans? Would you stop contributing? Is anything stopping you? Are credits still taken from your work? I hope you still make credit requests like the one we resolved earlier. Carlos Ruiz told me strictly before i left Bogota that credit has to be properly attributed and it is no problem to make a change right away, which he did.

Kind Regards
red1
p/s I invited you to skype with me via private email, and so please do so whenever you can or need to go over some of the remarks i made here. I just like to get to understand which issue is truly unsolved so that the LBR can steam fast ahead with you and your good works all this while. Some members have told me positively about you and that is why i am quite interested that you continue to be a great contributor.

I know this guys… They used to help a lot, but stopped their contributions for a long time, and that’s what i claim. If you find a bug or make an improvement, why comunnity do not have that ? One good example, the new Fiscal Windows and the new Tax Formulas… They have this for at least 4 months… No informations to community or code… Ok, they want to make it right, no problem… But please, show us the right way to do that… If you are real administrators, give this information to community, take some responsability… As i said, i heard this for at least 3 years, and nothing from them… This issue was raised 3 months ago, when i stopped my contributions because they moved the project to sf.net/projects/adempiere and i waited the new improvements they promissed to do… Nothing was done, them i did, what i did, and became the ‘bad guy’

SF.net admin asked my version, and i explained to them the whole story about the project movement without any notice, and proposed them to give admin rights to a neutral person or return to the founder of the project, but i asked them to wait for an election. For my surprise, they just returned the permissions to the founder (Fernando Lucktemberg) and them he removed my admin rights and added again Ricardo as admin.

I didn’t want to raise this issue again, i’m very tired of this fight… and i’m the weak one on this, because one man fight against to companies is really tough…

I moved my work to a new project and will contribute there, if they want to use my work, no problem, i just ask them to keep my credit, just it, but i will not contribute to this project until they change the actual administrators. They are admins for at least 5 years and i don’t think this is good for a project, maybe someone new to put this project on road (i don’t want to be admin there either) … When this occur, if occurs, i may return my contributions

i’ll add you at skype

If i read your own words correctly, SourceForge did accordingly to one of your options. So why are you then surprised? But holding an election can also be done anytime even under Fer_luck, right?

I heard that your actions happened after their invitation to me and before i arrived. If that is correct then it is not true they are doing nothing. Below is their dated emails to me.

It was the planned conference that they wanted to show what they said here. So this proves something about their intention at least before you acted.

Now, during the meeting with them they told me about their earlier attendance in the Berlin Conference last year September, where they talked about their contributions and even have a further discussion with the society AD.eV about the roadmap for it. So that is even more far back to support the fact that they are not hiding things but presenting seriously into the project.

It seems that there maybe some sort of miscommunication between you and them, (not unlike the main project) which i will always advice a few things:

1. A face to face meeting in a relaxed but quiet place to go over what you all feel are lacking in the project and how you all can help each other in solving them.
  2. Where there are options to a solution, then publishing some sort of question to the community to keep them informed and asking for their wisdom in choosing the better path.

At the moment the perceptions you raised are not that serious as the main project under present control, where not only sourcecode assurance is lacking, but even good code is reverted and left unaddressed with serious counter-flames over simple questions. Neither those in power wish to respect public opinion, and in fact avoid at all costs to meet me (even though i was right in Germany, and this two weeks i am in Paris). I was reeling from that very sour effect when i landed in Bogota early January to brainstorm with Carlos Ruiz and having the golden chance to meet the most of you recently, left me with a big hope that perhaps Latin America can revive the project in terms of contribution strength and size of market as well as fresh leadership.

So in other words, Mario, you are in the right spot and biggest challenge awaits you alongside your friends. Now the choice is yours. Do your smartest work (even from your own repository), and let your good code make its way to the top via LBR and in our recent case right into the main iDempiere roadmap. Only you can stop yourself from that. We do not want to lose any good guys. Are you cool on this?

I would very much like to return to Brazil again and we want more of ‘show me your code’. :slight_smile:

red1

Hi Mario,

First I’d like to say that I’m really tired.

Topic where we discussed about moving the repos (Plano de Contas), page 2 we decided to have a Skype meeting (2nd December). Who was in the meeting? Edilson, two Fernando, Murilo, Paulo Dantas, Pablo, Claudemir and Me (in the parking lot of a department store, using a really bad 3G connection). I invited you and you said: “dude, I’m leaving now” (Free Translation). We talked a lot about the way we should proceed to make the project LBR more active. During this meeting I told everyone that I was refactoring the tax system, and I was planning to release the code in the about 15 days, but was unable to do that because of lack of time.
So it is not true that community was not envolved in the process of migrating to Mercurial repository.

Please check your facts, see the SVN history. We told you several times, while you keep your personal work in the trunk we cannot help you. We need to assure the quality of the product we offer to our customers, and that was not possible with the previous situation, we believe that moving to Mercurial we can deal with this problem. You can still do your work the way you want in your branch, so we can have a quality process before integrate that to trunk. We have our reasons to keep the development of tax system in private, we explained that during the meeting. You know how complicated is our tax system in our country, so we need to build a very strong “backbone” and that backbone is know well developed and you can find a lot of comments in the code, so we’ll try to have a generic code able to run in most scenarios. As told you, I was not able to use the trunk because of the reasons I already told you and one day the trunk was moved to 370 version without any alert. So we decided to move our code to bitbucket, some people asked for the code and we gave the link to this. Now you can find our code in Mercurial repo, and I received a lot bug reports and I’m working on that.

I explained to sourceforge admins what happened, they told me that they need to hear from you what happened. Here is the final answer:

Mario, I really dont understand where you want to go with this. You raised two reasons to support your actions, migration and “no contribution” from us, we show you our contributions and also show you where we decided to move the repos. The sourceforge e-mail above was analysed from a “neutral” person, my personal opinion.

For sure, we can call an election if it is the desire of community.

Hi Mario,

11 days since your last post. I don’t know if/when you will post your POV to finish this discussion, if you want to talk face-to-face as Red1 proposed, please feel free to contact-me.

I have a regular meeting every wednesday near your workplace, if you prefer we can meet there.